“The Red Truck’s secret to their Cuban fruitcake is a light hand on the spices and giving the cake enough time to age in rum. And no colored fruit—this is the real deal!”—Virginia Living magazine
We learned to make this in Cuba in a private paladar and it’s a big favorite among those who think they hate fruitcake. This hefty loaf is full of pineapple, almonds, pecans, raisins, coconut, spices and soaked in dark rum for a couple of months. Please slice it chilled.
Started in a Virginia farmhouse over 30 years ago, Brian Noyes’ Red Truck Bakery is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s 13 Destination Bakeries in America. Named after the red 1954 Ford truck Brian used to deliver his rustic baked goods to local country stores, Red Truck Bakery has gained a cult-like following that includes Oprah and former President Barack Obama—with Roadfood’s Jane & Michael Stern being among some of their loudest and proudest early supporters.
- This Havana Fruitcake is only available to be shipped in December
- Each hefty Havana Fruitcake is approximately 3+ lbs. and is filled with pineapple, almonds, pecans, raisins, coconut, spices and is soaked for months in dark rum
- Contains nuts
- Contains alcohol
Instructions / Storage
- All products from Red Truck Bakery are baked the day they are shipped.
- Each product will stay fresh for several days after delivery when kept at room temperature.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Red Truck Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.