Almond cake with Amaretto - Gluten Free
As gluten-free as you can get in a bakery with flour in the air. This is a rich 9-inch cake (2 inches tall) with a hearty taste of almond and a splash of amaretto from the nearby Mt. Defiance Distillery.
Started in a Virginia farmhouse over 30 years ago, Brian Noyes’ Red Truck Bakery is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s 13 Destination Bakeries in America. Named after the red 1954 Ford truck Brian used to deliver his rustic baked goods to local country stores, Red Truck Bakery has gained a cult-like following that includes Oprah and former President Barack Obama—with Roadfood’s Jane & Michael Stern being among some of their loudest and proudest early supporters.
- Each cake serves 10-16 people
- Cake is approximately 9 Inches in diameter
For our customers who will be observing Passover, or are invited to a friend’s Passover Seder, please consider our Passover-appropriate almond or chocolate truffle cake as your Passover option. They have no wheat flour or yeast (which also makes them gluten-free); and just to be sure, we asked a Rabbi to check our ingredient list. The almond cake does have some rice flour and tapioca flour, but the chocolate truffle cake does not. Actually, our almond and chocolate truffle cakes are non-sectarian, and are a welcome addition on your dining table for any occasion.
Instructions / Storage
- All products from Red Truck Bakery are baked the day they are shipped.
- Each product will stay fresh for several days after delivery when kept at room temperature.
- Cakes are best enjoyed within 1 week of arrival.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Red Truck Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.